Level three water restrictions, which will come into effect in Hervey Bay and the surrounding areas stretching from Burrum Heads and Howard across to River Heads from 8 November 2021, include:
· Hand-held hoses are permitted between 5pm and 6pm to water established gardens at even numbered properties on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and odd numbered properties on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays, but must have a water efficient nozzle;
· Irrigation systems (sprinklers, drippers, soaker hoses) are banned and watering established lawns with town water is not permitted;
· Washing windows and external walls, and cleaning paved or concrete surfaces, is only allowed with buckets. Commercial cleaning businesses can use high pressure cleaners;
· Boat motor and trailing flushing is permitted at any time for a maximum of five minutes at a low water flow;
· Filling swimming pools, spas and water features is permitted with buckets at any time and with hand-held hoses before 8am or after 5pm to maintain minimum operating levels; and
· Washing cars, boats and pets can only be done with a bucket. Children’s play pools, toys and water slides cannot be used.
Level Two water restrictions, which will continue to apply in Maryborough, include:
· Hand held hoses are permitted between 6pm and 8am but must have a water efficient trigger nozzle;
· Irrigation systems (sprinklers, drippers, soaker hoses) are permitted on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays between 6pm and 8am only;
· Washing windows and cleaning paved or concrete surfaces, external walls or public facilities is permitted at any time but only with a water efficient, high pressure device (eg gerni);
· Boat motor and trailer flushing is permitted at any time for a maximum of five minutes at a low water flow;
· Filling of swimming pools, spas and water features is only permitted between 6pm and 8am and must be monitored at all times; and
· Vehicle and boat cleaning is permitted at any time with handheld hoses (fitted with a water efficient trigger nozzle).
Full details of all water restrictions, including how level three water restrictions apply at homes, businesses and Council facilities, is available at https://www.frasercoast.qld.gov.au/water restrictions.