In the 4th episode, Ming and Kaka teach Jeff about useful Chinese expressions for shopping. Then, Jeff has a chat with Jaja, Tai and Faye, a retail teacher at TAFE, about shopping in Australia. All the fun with shopping is here!
Kellyanne and Jeff act out a short conversation to teach us interesting Aussie slang and today’s topic is ‘Family and Friends’. Pamela sends a lovely message to her grand children and Merlyta also has a beautiful message for her mum. (65min)
* Consumer Protection (Australian Competition & Consumer Commission)
In the third episode, Jeff and the students chat about renting and buying a house in Australia with Sue, a local real-estate agent. In the special interview with Wayne from the Department of Transportation and Main Roads, you can find out how can you get your driver’s licence and important things to remember when you drive in Australia. This episode is full of essential information!
Jeff also learns about Octoberfest with Pamela from Germany. At the end of the program, Rita and Rana send their lovely messages to their families. (100min)
* Getting a licence in QLD : https://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Licensing/Getting-a-licence
* Overseas and interstate licences in QLD
* Road rules in QLD
* Overseas motorists road safety video
* Please check and follow the rules from the state where you live
In the second episode, Jeff learns Thai and chats about Education in Australia with Rita from Ethiopia, An from Cambodia, and Jo who is a primary school teacher in Australia. Jo tells you how to find a good school for your kids!
In our Australiana segment, Kellyanne teaches us about Aussie slang for a BBQ with amazing acting ability. Finally, Jam and Feng send beautiful messages to their family and friends. (60min)
* Find out information for schools in Australia : https://www.myschool.edu.au
In this first episode, Jeff talks about the English Language Program options at TAFE and chats with Robyn from the Hervey Bay Neighborhood Centre. He also interviews migrants who have experience with the services of the centre. Finally we hear from Prew, a student from Thailand, sending a message home.
Oh! You can also find out how we started this program and what segments are in our show. (60min)
* The Hervey Bay Neighbourhood Centre : https://www.hbnc.net.au/
* Find out Neighbourhood and community centres in QLD
Presenter’s Meeting Agenda – Wednesday 12 September 2018
- Meeting Commences at 2pm
- Hello and Welcome
- Studio Refit
- Outside Broadcast Equipment Training – Rob Cash
- New Program Cycle
- New Programming Committee
- General Discussion
- New Presenters
- Training Manager
- Digitising your music
- Using the On-Line Weather Script
- Entering your playlists on the website – How-To-Guide
- Discussion from the floor